Boho Chic Style Guide
Boho Chic is the style known from Bohemian and Hippie influences from back when. Bohemian anything has become and is still topping the hottest go to trends. The best part is almost anyone can rock it. Boho Chic is all about looking natural, and used (in an odd sort of way). Originally, boho is a young style, having originated as such in the ‘60s. It is the style of artist, free spirited and beautiful relaxed people. So it’s the style of the artists, the style of free and beautiful people and just the style of those, who want to be free. Now Lets get down to the basic points to follow. We know how much you love getting outfit inspo from social media and fashion magazines, but sorting through looks to find a style you can find yourself rockin can be harder than it sounds. The best part about dressing Boho Chic is that you can throw many different things together to make an outfit. It isn't all about color coordination, but what looks freakin amazing together.
The Key Fashion Tips to Follow
- Wearing natural colored fabrics and textures such as suede, leather, cotton, denim and so on
- Multiple Layers! This is one of my favorites because I love layering anyways, but it is a MUST when dressing Boho Chic
- Platform, wedged shoes, or your favorite suede or leather boots.
- Dressing Boho is all about comfort and natural earthy tones (always remember).
- Accessories, accessories, and more accessories. Shoot for layers of Boho Jewelry including bracelets, necklaces, earrings, head bands, rings, arm cuffs.
- Floral patterns, earthy patterns, unusual prints and patterns
- High waist Jeans, maxi skirts, kimonos
- Lace everything
- Hair Styles: Wavy Hair, beach waves, long Tresses, Big high ponys, and braids
Pretty Basic: The Boho-Chic Style
When talking about boho styles there are a few other styles that sometimes confuse many of us. Bohemian style is a mix of Vintage and hippie styles divided into different groups.
- If you want a more sleek boho look you can do so looking a little more polished and pairing the right items together.
- Go for a romantic look with some flowy Chiffon material and anything lace
- Dress like a boho Hippie by incorporating some bright colors with your look.
- If you want to be down right, straight up "Bohemian" then opt for an arm full of bracelets, bangles, rings, headbands, braids, and tassled hair.
The best part about dressing Boho-Chic is you will almost never repeat the same outfit. You can throw so many different things together to switch up your look
The Basic Components to Boho-Chic Style
Choice of Garments
One of the easiest ways of going boho is including simple vintage looking clothing into your style. The best garments to have are Boho Dresses, Maxi Dresses, kimonos, asymmetrical tops, unique prints and patters, earthy tones, crochet tops, oversize tops, faux fur vests, among many others. Cardigans and Sweaters are another easy garment to switch up your look, trending Now are Aztec pattern cardigans.
As for the boho style shoes, the best types of footwear that you will need are wedges, fringe boots , flats, ethnic print sandals. Remember to shoot for neutral earthy tones, and brown might become your go to color.
Yes, my favorite, Accessories! Boho Jewelry such as midi rings, ring sets, bracelets, cuffs, necklaces. Vintage Style Sunglasses are an absolute must. Add some colorful scarves, fedoras and head bands to perfect your boho-chic look.