Recipe: Healthy Protein Cookie Dough
I have loved cookies since I can remember, but now that I am trying to maintain my weight and eat healthier I found this amazing recipe for all you cookie monsters out there as myself.
The ingredients are fairly simple and the cookies are a highly addicting alternative--so try it and let me know what YOU think!
I know what a lot of you are thinking...(Chickpeas?! Really!)
Don't knock it until you've tried it!
Healthy Protein Cookie DoughIngredients:
- 1 15-oz. can of chickpeas
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or sweet cacoa nibs
- Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, agave, maple, and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer your “dough” into a mixing bowl and stir in chocolate ships by hand.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer until cold. Note: This treat tastes much better chilled than at room temperature.