What do Marilyn Monroe, Dita Von Teese, Gwen Stefani, Adele, and Taylor Swift have in common? Their signature red lip.
Red Lipstick, it seems either people love it or they are not sure if they can pull it off. --NEWSFLASH-- Everyone can pull it off with the correct shade. Never be afraid to reach outside of the box and try something new. All in the love of Fashion, just do it!
Looking for a crimson color to wipe on your pout?Here are my two absolute favorites that will not let you down.
WET N' WILD, Red Velvet
Lime Crime, Red Velvet
MAC, Ruby Woo
Perfect skin is something every woman and girl dreams of. Every celebrity on television and every model in a magazine have such a flawless, yet mistaken obsession with their "perfect skin". You have to be determined and willing to follow a pretty hard but easy regimen. It can take a lot of self discipline but its totally worth it if you want it that bad. So lets learn how to turn around the breakouts, the dull, and the aging Skin. Now, lets begin our journey to supermodel skin. Follow these 10 tips and you’ll be well on your way to better skin…
1. Apply sunscreen everyday.No matter how many times I was told this growing up I could of cared less, and did just that. You would never catch me applying SPF--all I cared about was a nice golden tan. Oh if I could change back time I totally would. It's true the older you get, the wiser you get. Now it all comes together and makes sense why my dermatologist was begging me to stay out of the sun for excess amounts of time. Sun damage will rob your youthful skin and deplete your elastin and collagen your body produce-- which leads to premature aging. Needless to say, I am a huge advocate for applying sunscreen daily these days. Do not forget to apply it to your neck and chest as well--even in the winter. Try to shoot for nothing lower than 30 SPF.
2. Make sure you’re using the right products for your skin.Its time to get to know your skin. Skin care regimens are not a one size fits all anymore. We all have different bodies and DNA. Take the time to get to know your skin can really help navigate you down the right path to supermodel skin. I recommend even taking a trip to the dermatology office to help address your concerns. No matter what your skin is like--hydration is key.
3. Exfoliate.Regardless what type of skin you have, you should always exfoliate. In your 20's and 30's you should definitely try to exfoliate 2-3 times a week, and in your 40s 4-5 times per week. Try to shoot for something gentle and not large and harsh such as seeds. A great example product is Boots No7 Total Renewal Micro Dermabrasion, sold at Target.
4. Don’t neglect your neck or chest!Have you ever seen an older woman that have a pretty youthful face, but her neck tells you exactly how old she is? This is a common problem--most of us ladies are so busy taking care of our face that we neglect our neck and chest.Make sure you stick to a routine every morning and night to apply moisturizer to your neck and chest.
5. Purify your water.Try to drink purified water as much as possible. Contact your locale Department of Water to find out what impurities your home water might have. You can then decide what the healthiest way for you to go. Certain impurities can be filtered out, but some drugs and toxic materials can not.
6. Watch your dairy, coffee, and alcohol intake.Have you ever noticed certain things you eat have wreaked havoc on your face? What we put into our bodies is super important. A lot of what we ingest wreaks havoc on our appearance. Caution foods to avoid -- Dairy, Coffee, and alcohol. It is good to limit these things as much as we can. I recently stopped eating dairy and all my acne has completely diminished without using acne medication. Milk contains hormones and other nasty ingredients that have been shown to clog pores. Coffee dehydrates your skin, and for ever cup of coffee you drink you have to drink 3 cups of water to make up for it. Alcohol dehydrates you as well, and try not to have more than one or two a day. 7. Do the double cleanse. Wash your face thoroughly in the morning and at night. Make sure to remove all makeup. Not cleansing your face enough can cause your skin to not only age faster, but give your complexion a dull appearance.
If you are anything like me, your skin is super duper dry and its nearly impossible to keep it hydrated. I have struggled for years with severely dry skin up until recently. Its all about finding the right regimen and right products to combat your dry skin scaly skin. QUICK TIP: If you have severely dry skin, chances are no moisturizer in the local drug store or supermarket is going to work, so stop wasting your money!! STEP ONE: Wash your face with gentle face wash such as Dove's White Beauty Bar. This extremely gentle beauty bar is sold with the bar soaps. I have stayed far away from bar soaps for years because of how drying they can be and the nasty residue left behind. However, this beauty bar is the completely opposite, and will remove your makeup completely without having to use toner. Here are a few other options as far as gentle cleansers
- Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Wipes
- Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil
- Boots Extra Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Wash